GETTING STARTED -- C2 Mini GPS TRACKER
- RADACAT C2 MINI has built-in GPS. To provide accurate location information, GPS requires an unobstructed view of the sky. Experienced outdoor users recommend placing the C2 MINI on backpacks or hanging it on the top zipper.
- In order to ensure best performance and no interference, do not use C2 MINI directly adjacent to other GPS devices.
- Make sure your app and firmware are updated to the latest version.
App version: Latest on APPLE STORE or GOOGLE PLAY
Firmware version: LATEST VERSION
Six-axis (Gyro + Accelerator)
Contact charging point
Peak MAX 1W
Up to 9.6 km
STEP1: OPEN THE PACKAGING BOX
STEP2: CHECK THE ITEMS IN THE BOX.
What should I expect when unboxing the Radacat C2 MINI?
Radacat C2 MINI is an all-in-one Off-Grid GPS tracker, When unboxing a Radacat C2 MINI, this is what you will find:
- 2 C2 MINI GPS Tracker
- 2 Silicone Case
- 2 charger Cable
- 1 User Guide
STEP3: KEY ITEMS AFTER OPENING THE PACKAGING BOX
- Download and install the Radacat Tracker app on your smartphone (available on Google Play and the Apple Store.). There are 3 APPs with “Radacat” Brand, you need to find “Radacat Tracker” to match with C2 Mini GPS Tracker.
- Open the app and register a new user if it is the 1st time for you to use “Radacat Tracker” APP.
- Log into your new account.
- Pair both of your RADACAT C2 MINI devices.
STEP 4: Pair RADACAT C2 MINI DEVICES with your APP.
- Enable Bluetooth on your phone.
- Hold the power button for 3 seconds to power on the RADACAT C2 MINI device.
- Double check the Device is POWERED ON (don’t laugh, we see few customers made this mistake before). You can Click the “Function” button on the device, if you see Flash which means ON.
- Go to Settings→ My Devices → press + to pair your device.
- Do not move the phone away from your RADACAT device during the pairing process.
- Set up the device profile (photo, name.)
Where can I find the app version and firmware version?
- App version: Go to Settings → About → App version
- Firmware version: Go to Settings → My Devices: The firmware version appears beside the battery charge icon.
What is the difference between Master device and Tracker device?
The first paired device will become the Master device, which is used to receive position radio communication from the tracker and relay the information to your mobile phone through bluetooth. Please keep Master device within bluetooth range of your mobile phone. After adding your first device, every additional device you register will become Tracker devices. The default work mode for Tracker devices is "Live Tracking".
Tracker devices have 6 work modes; Message mode, Live Tracking mode, Beacon mode, Location on demand mode, 6-level alarm mode, Relay mode.
STEP 5: Check FEW THINGS Before Configuring MASTER and TRACKER
STEP 6: SET THE WORK MODE FOR TRACKER
There are 6 work modes in the system. The LIVE TRACKING is the default one and most popular one. Please find details for those 6 work modes and select the right work mode for your TRACKER to fulfill your needs. Keep in mind that MASTER doesn’t need to set WORK MODE.
Most work modes need to set a pop-up configuration of “Tracking Interval”. The Tracking Interval is how often your C2 MINI device sends location information.
Tip: You can set longer interval times to preserve battery life.
What is Message mode?
A device in Message mode could enable guest users without accounts to use it. Other users could select "Tourist mode" on the login page and connect to the device to send and receive messages. Suitable for outdoor offline communication, such as outdoor exploration, mountaineering, fishing, skiing and some other activities.
What is Live Tracking mode?
Live Tracking mode enables real-time positioning. Place the device on items that need to be monitored, such as vehicles, elderly people, children, pets, etc. The Master device will query the location according to the set tracking interval time, or you can manually query the location at any time.
What is Beacon mode?
Beacon mode allows periodic location detection at intervals longer than Live Tracking mode. Place the Tracker device on items that require periodic monitoring, such as luggage, valuables, bicycles, small vehicles, etc. The Tracker Device will automatically update its location to the App.
What is Location on demand?
The Location on demand mode alerts the user when a Tracker becomes too far away from the Master device. Place the Tracker device on items that have location requirements but do not need real time locating. It is mainly used to prevent loss, such as carry-on luggage.
What is 6-level alarm mode?
The 6-level alarm mode has 6 levels of motion sensitivity. The Tracker device could be put on stuff which to be protected from theft or damage, such as bicycles, motorcycles and other valuable personal items. The sensitivity can be adjusted from level 1 to 6, indicating the amount of movement needed to register an alert. When motion of level surpassing the current sensitivity level is detected, it will send information to your Master device and App.
What is Relay mode?
Relay mode can extend the communication distance and forward the information sent by other Trackers. In this mode, it will not automatically send alerts to the Master device but instead require you to manually query to obtain location of any other Tracker devices in range of the Tracker in Relay mode.
STEP 7: SET OTHER THINGS & FAQ
What is the Share function and how do I set it up?
- If you want another RADACAT user to see your C2 MINI’s location, you can use the Share function to share your device with them
- To share a device, ensure you are connected to the Internet.
- Go to Settings→ My Devices→ Share Location, and enter their email.
- Sharing will be enabled and sent from your device when you have internet connection.
How do I set up my emergency information and what does it include?
When you send an SOS message, everyone within radio coverage range will receive your emergency information.
The emergency information includes your location, your emergency contact’s name and phone number, and any optional medical info.
Go to Settings → My Devices → Emergency info. Fill in your information and save to the device.
Note: The C2 MINI device must be connected to your phone via Bluetooth to set up its Emergency information.
How do I send or cancel an SOS?
Press the C2 MINI power button five times in quick succession. To cancel the SOS, quickly press the C2 MINI power button five times again.
How do I send my current location or a selected location?
In a Message, press + → Location → select a location and Send.
Do I have to change any settings if I travel to the EU?
No. RADACAT Tracker will automatically change frequency bands when you travel to the EU.
How do I know if my message was received?
For two-person messages, a blue checkmark will be displayed when the sent and read verification.
What should I do if I encounter problems when using RADACAT Tracker?
- If you would like to report an issue please go to:Settings→ Send Feedback
- Explain your issue and optionally include a screenshot to help us diagnose the problem.
If you have questions or suggestions about our products please visit our website for additional help and information, or to send us a message via our contact form.
What kind of GPS accuracy should I expect?
We strongly advise you to visit the Official GPS Website https://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/performance/accuracy/ that clearly explains how the GPS technology works, not only for Radacat C2 MINI but for any other device that features GPS technology (like other GPS trackers and smartphones). Basically, the Official GPS Website states that GPS accuracy depends on the amount of obstacles between the GPS satellites and the device itself (which, in our case, is the Tracker). Good GPS accuracy: open outdoor areas (beaches, parks or plains. Bad GPS accuracy: very dense areas (forests or very crowded urban environments); cloudy weather. Indoor use-case is not advisable.
Is there any requirement or advice for the environment of using C2 Mini?
FCC Compliance Statement
NOTE: This device has been tested and found to comply with FCC Title 47 CFR Part 15 on Class B digital devices. These regulations are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in residential installations. This equipment device uses radiofrequency (RF) energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with product instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. Even when following instructions, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur during any particular installation. If this device does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the device off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference through one or more of the following measures:
- Reorienting or relocating the receiving antenna.
- Increasing the distance between the device and receiver.
- Connecting the device to an outlet on a different circuit.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the responsible party could void the user's authority to operate the equipment.
This device is in compliance with FCC Title 47 CFR Part 15. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference.
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
FCC RF Exposure Information and Requirements
The highest SAR value reported during product certification for use next to the head with a C2 MINImum distance of 10 mm is 0.134 W/Kg. This transmitter must not be collocated or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
This product is compliant to FCC RF Exposure requirements and can be found on the FCC website.
FCC ID: 2AS98C2
Industry Canada Statement
This dvice is in compliance with Industry Canada license-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause interference.
- This device must accept any interference, includinginterference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
Le présent appareil est conforme aux CNR d'Industrie Canada applicables auxappareils radio exempts de licence. L'exploitation est autorisée aux deux conditions suivantes:
(1) l'appareil ne doit pas produire de brouillage.
(2) l'utilisateur de l'appareil doit accepter tout brouillage radioélectrique subi, même si le brouillage est susceptible d'en compromettre lefonctionnement.
This EUT is in compliance with SAR IC RSS-102 general population/uncontrolled exposure limits and has been tested in accordance with the measurement methods and procedures specified in IEEE 1528 and IEC 62209. This device should be installed and operated with a C2 MINImum distance of 1 cm between the radiator and your body. This device and its antenna(s) must not be collocated or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
Cet appareil est conforme aux limites d'exposition DAS incontrôlée pour la population générale de la norme CNR-102 d'Industrie Canada et a été testé en conformité avec les méthodes de mesure et procédures spécifiées dans IEEE 1528 et IEC 62209. Cet appareil doit être installé et utilisé avec une distance C2 MINImale de 1 cm entre i'émetteur et votre corps. Cet appareil et sa ou ses antennes ne doivent pas être co-localisés ou fonctionner en conjonction avec tout autre antenne ou transmetteur.